Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At New Energy Equity, our core purpose is to drive the evolution of clean energy through every project we touch, leaving behind a better world. Our mission is to leave behind a better world in all that we do. This includes how we build our projects, but also how we interact with our teammates and our partners. We strive to lead the solar industry on issues of diversity and inclusion and are committed to hiring, cultivating, and retaining a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive culture. As part of that commitment, we have developed a Diversity & Inclusion Committee to ensure we are promoting a workplace that cultivates a high level of diversity and inclusion. The Committee develops and executes all diversity and inclusion initiatives companywide, including improving the diversity of our candidate pool in recruiting, as well as guiding the training, retention, and advancement of a diverse set of employees over time. New Energy Equity has also been awarded SEIA’s Bronze Level DEIJ Certification.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion is focused on three main goals:
Recruiting Diverse Talent
To ensure diversity in our recruitment efforts, all eligible candidates are interviewed by a member of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Equal Employment Opportunity statistics are collected and tracked across all candidates. This allows us to examine the diversity of our candidate pool and assess our efforts to attract a workforce comprised of different cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and reflects no bias against any particular views, race, genders, or sexual orientation.
Engaging & Developing Our Team
To develop and nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we’ve created many initiatives, such as:
- Conducting Respectful Workplace Training
- Established an Employee Advocate role to provide a dedicated peer resource for employees to share experiences, ideas, and concerns, and encourage more open communication between employees and management
- Sponsoring employee discussions about diversity and inclusion topics pertinent to our company and industry
- Recognizing significant dates to educate and celebrate our teammates and our various communities
Building the Culture
Day to day, other activities we engage in to ensure a positive, inclusive work force where unique characteristics, skills, and experiences are respected, valued, and celebrated include:
- Core Value Champion – Teammates nominated by their colleagues receive recognition for going above and beyond as they embody our company’s core values and mission.
- Fostering Community – Monthly companywide activities range from yoga class, volunteering, virtual trivia, and our annual Family Fest celebration.
- Employee Led Activity Groups – Connect through shared interests, such as the New Energy Book Club and Solar Striders Running Club.
- Giving Back – Through our charitable organization, the Lift As We Climb Foundation, we commit a portion of our profits to non-profits dedicated to leaving behind a better world within their community, related to solar energy projects, education, and training.